Student Billing


Contact Information
Office Hours

Monday through Friday

8 AM - 4 PM

The Student Billing Office is responsible for all financial aspects of the MyCommonwealthU Self-Service account. We coordinate billing and are available to discuss your questions about bills, accounts and other financial information.

Services Provided

  • Generate tuition statements
  • Apply payments to MyCommonwealthU self-service account including personal payments, scholarships, TAP, military benefits, financial aid post award, employer deferments, etc.
  • Generate refund disbursements for overpayments on self-service account
  • Update self-service account for housing, meal plans, bookstore and other miscellaneous charges
  • Generate 1098-T information statements for tax purposes

Tools and Resources

Cost Estimator Tuition and Fees

2024-2025 Student Billing Guide

Offices and Policies

Tuition Statements, Charges, and Payments

How To View Your Bill 

Students can view their bill in self-service.  After logging in, click on the "Student Accounts" at the bottom left. To view the statement simply click on ‘My Account’ and then ‘Statements’. This will bring up two options. ‘Billing Statements’ will be the initial billing statement. ‘Generated Statement History’ will be an on demand statement of what your account looks like at the time you generate the statement.

It is the student's responsibility to check their student account on a regular basis as changes to their course registration, financial aid package, or housing and meal plan choices can affect their student bill.

Due Dates 

Payment is expected to be received by the first day of classes. Charges for any changes made after the semester begins are due immediately.

Making a Payment

Your student account is the one-stop shop for paying your tuition and fees online. Our online payment system provides flexibility to make secure and private payments with your preferred method, including international payments. By making payments online, you will see faster payment posting and updates of your payment status and account balance.

Paying Online

Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express)

  • There is a 2.95% convenience fee charged for this method of payment.
  • Electronic Check (eCheck) - No additional fee

Late Fee

A $75 late fee will be assessed on account balances (net of approved financial aid) not paid in full by the payment due date (first day of the semester).

Requests for Late Fee Appeals should be directed to

Instructions on how to pay your student bill online

Visit the MyCommonwealthU Student Self Service portal

International Payments

We have partnered with TransferMate to provide seamless international payments through your online student account. Log into your student account, select Make A Payment, choose TransferMate from the dropdown menu, and follow prompts.

Bank Wires: Bank wires may also be initiated through your online student account via our partnership with TransferMate. Log into your student account, go to ‘Make Payment’ tab, choose TransferMate in the dropdown menu, and follow prompts to complete your transaction. Domestic wires may be completed this way by selecting the United States from the country menu.

Instructions on how to make an international payment

Paying by Mail

Make all checks payable to Commonwealth University of PA

Commonwealth University of PA – Bloomsburg
Student Billing Office
336 Arts & Administration Building
400 E. 2nd Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

Commonwealth University of PA – Lock Haven
Student Accounts/Billing Office
Ulmer 224
401 N. Fairview St.
Lock Haven, PA 17745

Commonwealth University of PA – Mansfield
Student Billing Office
224 South Hall
71 S. Academy St.
Mansfield, PA 16933

Paying In-Person
  • Bloomsburg Campus – 336 Arts & Administration Building – checks/money orders or cash
  • Lock Haven Campus – 224A Ulmer Hall – checks/money orders or exact cash
  • Mansfield Campus – 224 South Hall - checks/money orders or cash


Completion of the Application for Deferment will enable you to defer 75% of your tuition and fee charges (after paying 25% down) until 45 days after the conclusion of the semester. During this time, you should be able to secure reimbursement from your employer. The remaining payment will be drawn from your account automatically through the payment plan 45 days after the end of the semester, unless paid prior to that date.

Eligibility and Rules

Requirements for Deferment Eligibility

  • Be gainfully employed by a firm which has a tuition-benefit policy
  • Request your employer complete the Employer Certification of Eligibility for Tuition Deferment.
  • Complete the Student Application for Deferment Tuition Payment
    • Submit the online application for deferment as early as possible but at least by the end of the Add/Drop period
  • Furnish a bona fide copy of his/her employer's policy via email to
  • Have all previous balances owed to Commonwealth University paid in full.
  • Wait for confirmation of approval from Student Billing before setting up the payment plan. Pay the initial 25% down payment and $35 Enrollment Fee while setting up your payment plan. Do not pay the 25% down prior to enrolling in the payment plan to avoid paying it again.
  • The 75% deferred payment will be automatically drawn from the account you use to set up your payment plan 45 days after the end of the semester, unless paid prior to that date.
  • This entire process must be completed each semester in order to utilize the Employer Reimbursement Plan.

Commonwealth University reserves the right to accept or reject any employer's tuition benefit policy. If for any reason, a student's application is rejected, the student will be notified of the reason for the rejection.

Note: The application process is not complete until Commonwealth University receives a copy of the employer's policy regarding tuition reimbursement and the Employer's Certification of Eligibility.

A tuition payment plan is an option that breaks down the large lump-sum payments due at the beginning of each semester into easy to manage installments.   You still owe the same amount of tuition, but you now have more time to pay and your payments are smaller and more manageable.

  • Enrollment opens in July with payments being made August-November for the Fall semester and opens in November with payments being made December-March for the Spring semester. Summer enrollment for ALL Sessions opens in May with payments being made May-August and for Summer 3 ONLY opens in June with payments being made June-August.
  • All payments are automatically withdrawn from the payment method on the due date.
  • $35 non-refundable activation fee per semester.
  • This can be added through Student Self Service under Student Accounts on the Payment Plans tab. An email will be sent to students when the plan is open for each semester.

If you have a parent or someone else helping pay your bill, you may add them as an authorized user.  This will give them their own log in information and enable them to view the same information you see when logging into your student account.

Instructions for adding an authorized user

Form W-9S  Request for Student’s or Borrower’s Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

We are requesting that you provide your social security number to us so we can accurately report your qualified education expenses to the IRS.  You can do so by completing the W-9S form.  The Internal Revenue Service requires educational institutions to file a 1098-T form each year.  The 1098-T form contains information about qualifying tuition and related expenses.   The 1098-T form is needed to claim educational credits on your or your parent’s federal income tax returns.  Your social security number identifies and matches the IRS files to your tax returns. 

Please complete of the W-9S --- then return it to Commonwealth University at the address listed below.  Failure to provide your social security number may result in the IRS issuing you a penalty of $50. 

Student Billing Office
224 South Hall
71 South Academy Street
Mansfield, PA  16933
Phone:  570-662-4388
Fax:  570-662-4122

Attend Class Without Earning Credits

Individuals may, with the consent of the instructor, attend a class without earning any credit by completing the necessary attendance fee application.  Applications are available in the Student Billing Office and via the link below.  Admission to the course under this program depends upon:

a.    Available space in the requested course;
b.    Permission of the instructor (signature required);
c.    Must be 18 years of age or older;
d.    Payment of a $35 fee per course

Upon obtaining the permission of the instructor, the student must return the form to the Student Billing Office with a payment of $35.  Payment can be made in person or mailed to the Student Billing Office.  When a payment is made in person, the Student Billing Office will mark the form as paid.  The student will then submit the form to the instructor as their classroom admission.

When the payment is mailed to the Student Billing Office at 336 Arts & Administration Building, 400 E. 2nd St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815, the Student Billing Office will mark the form as paid, scan the document and send it to the instructor.  A copy of the form will also be sent to the students email address.

Attendance Fee Form

What is a 1098-T form?

The 1098-T is a record of the financial information reported to the IRS by Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania on the student's behalf. The information on the 1098-T form can be used to determine if you are eligible for education tax credits when filing a U.S. tax return*. A 1098-T form is created for all students who had qualified tuition and other related educational expenses billed to them during the previous calendar year by January 31st.  Related expenses do not include charges for student meal plans, housing and miscellaneous fees.
*If another individual claims a student as a tax dependent, or is responsible for filing their taxes, it is very important that they are forwarded a copy of the 1098-T.

Form 1098-T

Tuition Form 1098T will be mailed to your home address by January 31st if you did not opt in for electronic forms in Banner Self-Service. You should not expect the forms prior to this date

How to Access your 1098-T Form

Commonwealth University of PA 1098T forms can be found on Banner Self Service>>Student Accounts>>Statements.  Click here for instructions on how to print and save your form from Self-Service.

Students who are separated from the University and no longer have access to Self-Service are able to pull their form from the ECSI portal.  ECSI is our form processor. Click here for instructions on how to print your form from ECSI's portal  Current students can find their forms here as well.

Please familiarize yourself with the 1098T Tax laws by viewing the ECSI Student Tax Information website and also visit Frequently Asked Questions page  Remember that housing and meal plan charges are not eligible charges per the IRS regulations and are not included in the calculations of the form.

Questions about your form should be directed to Julie Cimino at or 570.662.4388.  

Tax Benefits for Education & the 1098-T form

The 1098-T form is informational only and should not be considered as tax advice. It serves to alert students that they may be eligible for federal income tax education credits such as the Lifetime Learning Credit and the Hope Credit as part of their Federal Income Tax Return. IRS Publication 970 "Tax Benefits for Higher Education" as well as Chapter 35 of IRS Publication 17 provide additional information on these credits ( While it is a good starting point, the 1098-T form, as designed and regulated by the IRS, does not contain all of the information needed to claim a tax credit. To determine the amount of qualified tuition and fees paid, and the amount of scholarships and grants received, a taxpayer should use their own financial records. There is no IRS requirement that you must claim the tuition and fees deduction or an education credit. For those who may qualify, claiming education tax benefits is a voluntary decision.

Information and Advisement

Commonwealth University cannot act in the capacity of tax advisors and will not offer tax advice.  The University strongly recommends that you consult with your tax advisor for guidance on your specific tax situation.  IRS Publication 970-Tax Benefits for Education can be downloaded from IRS Publications website.

A process for students to purchase textbooks and other course-related materials at the University Store using excess financial aid is available. If you have pending Financial Aid in excess of the charges on your account for tuition and fees, and you complete the Registration – Term 20XX (commitment to attend) on your MyHusky To Do list and you grant permission in MyHusky to use this excess aid to pay University Store charges, you can use your student ID to purchase textbooks and course-related materials up to $600. No cash back will be given at the time of purchase.

The University Store charges will be placed on your student account prior to the Financial Aid disbursement. If you still have a credit balance on your account after all charges are paid, a refund will be issued to you within 14 days after disbursement. In order to expedite your financial aid refund, please sign up for direct deposit.

Go to: Secure Touch Student Portal

  • Select CU Citations
  • Select the specific type of payment being made.
  • Enter Payment amount – Payments should be made according to the payment information that appears on the citation.
  • Select Add to Cart.
  • Select Checkout – there are no Promotional Codes .
  • Enter Buyer Information – Name, Citation #, CU ID# (if applicable) and Issue Date of Citation and click continue - this is for reporting purposes.
  • Enter email address for receipt if Unregistered and select Checkout as Guest or Login as a Registered User – you may register at any time - Registered User can save payment information for future use.
  • Enter Payment Information and Select Continue – payment can be made with credit/debit card or echeck.
  • Review Order window will appear – Contact information can be edited at this time.
  • A. Echeck Order Information: You must agree to the return check policy of a $30 fee and check the box for the Return Policy Agreement for deposits before submitting the order Select Submit Order
  • Order Receipt will display and can be printed and an email is generated. Print email for your records.
  • B. Credit Card Order Information: You must check the box for the Return Policy Agreement for deposits before submitting the order
  • Order Receipt will display and can be printed and an email is generated. Print email for your records.
  • Select the Online link at the bottom of the email to return to the website for future payments.

Overpayments on student accounts from payments, scholarships, grants and student loans will be processed as a refund to the student.  The refund process will be expedited by signing up for direct deposit.  You only need to do this once, unless your information changes.  If you choose not to sign up for direct deposit, a check will be issued and mailed to the permanent home address on your MyCommonwealthU student account. You are no longer able to pick up refund checks in the Student Billing Office.   

Direct Deposit Tutorial

Parent and Supporter Connection Sign Up

Parents/supporters may receive general information emails sent to their student. By registering for the Parent/Supporter Connection, you will receive important, periodic information from the Office of Student Life and the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as general information e-mail notices that are sent to all university students from the Student Billing Office.


CUParents Information

Residency Classification

The rules and regulations relating to PA residency for tuition purposes are defined by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Board of Governors. The rules clearly state that the student must convincingly prove that he/she is domiciled in Pennsylvania permanently or indefinitely, and is not in the state for the sole purpose of obtaining an education.

Students who want to change their residency status to Pennsylvania must apply through the Registrar's Office. They will be required to fill out the Residency Classification Data Collection Form and submit it to: Registrar Office, Commonwealth University of PA, 125 Arts & Administration Building, 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg, PA 17815. Copies of all proof of PA residency should be attached to this form when it is submitted.

NOTE: All students with non-PA high schools will be required to fill out the Residency Classification Data Collection Form if they are using a PA address on their Admissions application to prove they have permanently established domicile in PA.


Additional Resources

Illustration of Mountain

Contact Our Team