Guaranteed merit-based scholarships and on-campus housing for all qualified students
Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, and Mansfield, together as Commonwealth University have signed an agreement guaranteeing merit-based scholarships and on-campus housing at any of its locations for all qualified students in more than 60 area schools and districts.
Community Scholar Participating Schools/Districts
Download your customized promotional tool kit (poster, flyer, information card) for each participating school.
- Athens Area
- Bald Eagle Area
- Bellefonte Area
- Benton Area
- Berwick Area
- Bloomsburg Area
- Canton Area
- Central Columbia
- Clearfield Area
- Clearfield Alliance Christian School
- Columbia - Montour Vo Tech
- Coudersport Area
- Curwensville Area
- Danville Area
- Dubois Area
- Galeton Area
- Hazleton Area
- Jersey Shore Area
- Juniata Christian School*
- Keystone Central
- Lewisburg Area
- Line Mountain
- Loyalsock Township
- Millville Area
- Milton Area
- Montgomery Area*
- Montoursville Area
- Moshannon Valley
- Mount Carmel Area
- New Covenant Academy*
- North Schuylkill
- Northeast Bradford
- Northern Potter
- Northern Tioga
- Northumberland Christian School*
- Northumberland County Career and Technology Center
- Penns Valley Area
- Saint John Neumann Regional Academy*
- Sayre Area
- Selinsgrove Area
- Shamokin Area
- South Williamsport Area
- Southern Columbia
- Southern Tioga
- State College Area
- Sugar Valley Rural Charter School
- Sullivan County
- Towanda Area
- Troy Area
- Warrior Run
- Wellsboro Area
- West Branch Area
- Williamsport Area
- Wyalusing Area
*Effective for students enrolling at Commonwealth University for Fall 2024.
The agreement guarantees scholarships for graduates from any high school participating in the Community Scholars program who enroll at a Commonwealth University campus and meet the following criteria:
- Complete an application with high school transcripts for admission to any location within Commonwealth University by Dec. 15 of the student's senior year and pay your deposit by May 1 to guarantee scholarship eligibility. (Scholarship funding is limited.)
- Graduate from a Community Scholars program participating school district.
- Students must be admissible to Commonwealth University. Certain majors, including many in the health sciences, have additional admission requirements that must be met as part of the admission review.
- Qualified students are eligible for four tiers of academic merit scholarships according to the table below. Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis until available scholarship funding is exhausted.
GPA: 3.8 - 4.0 | 95% - 100%
GPA: 3.5 - 3.79 | 90% - 94%
GPA: 3.0 - 3.49 | 85% - 89%
GPA: 2.5- 2.99 | 80% - 84%
- Scholarship recipients must remain enrolled full-time at Commonwealth University for a minimum of 12 credits per academic semester and maintain an overall GPA of 2.50 to remain in good academic standing and therefore eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four (4) academic years, or eight (8) consecutive fall and spring academic semesters, if the criteria above are met.
- On-campus housing at the Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, or Mansfield campuses, will be guaranteed for up to four (4) years of full-time student enrollment.
- These funds are only available for all new first-year full-time students and will be disbursed equally between the fall and spring semesters.
Nursing, physician assistant, and other health professions programs remain selective and have additional requirements or capacities. For these programs, it is vital that students apply as early as possible to these majors to receive early consideration for admission.
*Please note that if you already qualify for a tuition waiver benefit or other institutional merit award through Commonwealth University you cannot use this scholarship in addition to the waiver or award.
Partial tuition waiver employment benefits and other institutional tuition-specific merit awards made through Commonwealth University may be combined, with tuition waiver employment benefits applied first, to cover up to 100% of tuition. Full tuition waiver employment benefits and other institutional tuition-specific waivers or awards may not be stacked with institutional merit awards, and may not be used to cover fees or other costs for Commonwealth University.
NEW Institutional Scholarships for PA Residents up to $5,000 annually
Remember to file your FAFSA.
Use our school codes to submit your information to the campus(es) of your choice!
- Commonwealth University - Bloomsburg: 003315
- Commonwealth University - Lock Haven: 003323
- Commonwealth University - Mansfield: 003324