Licensure and Certification Disclosure

Commonwealth University is approved to offer programs that may lead to or require licensure or certification in Pennsylvania. The University has made no determination, and does not guarantee, programs that fulfill Pennsylvania educational licensing or certification requirements will satisfy the educational requirements of professional licensure/certification boards in other states, as each state has unique requirements for eligibility which are subject to change at any time and without notice.  Students who live or are planning to live outside of Pennsylvania, and are enrolled in a program leading to a profession that may be licensed or certified outside of the state, should check the resources listed below for specific requirements for licensure or certification in states outside of Pennsylvania.  Questions about this may be directed to Dr. John Cosgrove, Director of Survey Research and Compliance ( or to academic advisors.