Scheduling your 2023 Fall and Summer courses
Information for returning students at Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Mansfield, and Clearfield. New, incoming students will have their class schedule created for them by the Registrar's Office.
REGISTER IN THE NEW STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
Scheduling for classes for Fall and Summer 2023 this year for all students at all CU campuses (Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Mansfield, and Clearfield) will take place in the new university student information system—Banner.
Access student training information and how to navigate the new Banner/OneSIS
WITHDRAW OR CHECK GRADES IN LEGACY STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM:
- You will still be able to access your campuses student information system (MyHusky/Bloomsburg, MyHaven/Lock Haven-Clearfield, and Student Self-Services/Mansfield).
- You will need to use these systems to receive your grades and/or to make changes to your Spring 2023 schedule (such as withdrawing from classes and viewing grades).
REGISTRATION PROCEDURES (some of these may be different from the way you have registered in the past)
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: All undergraduate students will be required to meet with their Advisor(s) to obtain clearance to register.
- If your advisor is unavailable you should consult your Department Chairperson or Program Coordinator.
REGISTRATION WINDOW: Once your registration window opens it will remain open until the end of Drop/Add week.
INCOMING FIRST-YEAR (FY) STUDENTS
- Registrar will schedule Foundational Math OR Writing course.
- Schedule locked for FY students self-scheduling until Orientation. FY students will schedule their FYS course at Orientation.
- FY students will submit top 10 general education courses for programs to add general education to schedule including any directed general education needed in the first semester.
- Programs will add any required courses needed in the Fall.
NEW vs. EXISTING PROGRAM & GENERAL EDUCATON REQUIREMENTS
- Students will automatically be added to a student group allowing you to complete under your existing program requirements. Most of your courses have been cross-walked to the matching course equivalency in the new curriculum
- You may review the new curriculum program and general education requirements with your advisor and can make an informed decision to opt into the new program requirements. You will be able to opt into the new program and/or general education requirements within Banner.
TIMELINE FOR REGISTRATION
- March 31 Schedule Available – you can search by campus and/or all online or multimodal courses across CommonwealthU
- April 3-14 Advising Clearances – UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS MUST SEE YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR(S) TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE TO REGISTER
- April 17-18 Priority Registration -- Priority groups include, Graduate Students, Athletes, ACT 101, TRIOSSS, Honors College, Military, Board of Governors, and Students with Disabilities. Program specific registration needs should be managed by department chairperson requests for enrollment requirement groups
- Registration Earned by credits:
- April 19-20 - 90+ credits
- April 21-22 - 60+ credits
- April 23-24* - 30+ credits
- April 25-26 - 15+ credits
- April 27-28 - Scheduling for all open including adding additional credits over 16
- May 1 - Early College Registration Open